Embedded Systems and Software Development
Embedded software is increasingly being used in smart devices, but imperfect code can be the cause of many product failures. Industry leaders estimate that every 1,000 lines of embedded software contain eight bugs. To manage this quality risk, as well as to meet higher standards for software certification, you need to leverage embedded software development tools and certified code generators.
ANSYS provides a model-based embedded software development and simulation environment with a built-in automatic code generator to accelerate embedded software development projects. System and software engineers use ANSYS SCADE solutions to graphically design, verify and automatically generate critical systems and software applications with high dependability requirements. SCADE solutions are highly interoperable and can be easily integrated, allowing for development optimization and increased communication among team members.
Certified code generation across industries
SCADE code generators have been qualified/certified at the highest level of safety across six market segments by more than 10 safety authorities worldwide, including:
- DO-178C up to Level A – Aerospace and Defense Applications by FAA, EASA, Transport Canada and ANAC
- IEC 61508 up to SIL 3 – Transportation and Industrial Applications by TÜV SÜD
- EN 50128 up to SIL 3/4 – Rail Transportation Applications by TÜV SÜD, EBA and Certifer
- IEC 60880 demonstrated compliance – Nuclear Applications by nuclear safety authorities
- ISO 26262 up to ASIL D – Automotive Applications by TÜV SÜD
SCADE speeds the embedded software development process
SCADE users report the following development and verification cost improvements:
- alignment of the design process according to safety standard objectives
- reduction of development costs by 50 percent, on average
- acceleration of certification by a factor of two